Amazon Ad

Monday, February 20, 2006

Why You Should Make Sure Your Prices Ring Up Correctly

Besides it being illegal and wrong, you should make sure your prices ring up correctly because people like me are more likely to not say anything then go home and write about it in their grocery store blogs. Which I am doing. C-Town's chicken hot dogs are supposed to be $0.99 this week but rang up as $1.59.

I did get a whole chicken for about $3. Whole chickens are on sale for $0.79/lb. Tonight Debussy might cook chicken with a lot of cloves of garlic.

A box of Apple Jacks is $2. Apple juice is $1.29. Elio's frozen pizza is 2 for 1. Prego spaghetti sauce is 2 for $3.

There's a reminder taped to the cash register that says "Keep Clean and No Food in the Draw's." A phonetic spelling of the New York pronunciation "drawer" combined with apostrophe abuse results in something that is technically correct. The apostrophe is replacing the missing letters to capture the true New York sound of the word. How fortunate for them. They don't need my wrath twice in one post.

2 comments:

  1. I realized something rang up wrong at pathmark, so I complained at the customer service desk. I felt so silly arguing for 50 cents, but they ended up giving me the product for free. It was laundry detergent, so that was a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:00 PM EST

    also, don't forget, cocoa puffs and lucky charms are $2.50 with your c-town card. if you're as coo coo for cocoa puffs as i am, you won't miss this sale!

    ReplyDelete