Amazon Ad

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Save-A-Lot


The other day, I bought two bags of hushpuppies from Save-A-Lot for $1.29 each. I think there were 29 hushpuppies in each bag. They're better than Long John Silver's. I deepfried them. I also got a box of pierogies (19 pierogies) for $0.99. Braunschweiger is cheaper at Save-A-Lot than at Price Chopper and most other stores, and it has less saturated fat, and still tastes better than Kahn's. It's $1.39. The brand is Hargis House. 28% of your fat, 30% of your saturated fat for the day. Kahn's at PC is $2.99 and has 24% of your fat and 43% of your saturated. PC has a brand that has 23 andd 30, but it's still $2.99. I also got a bottle of yellow mustard for $0.59 at Save-A-Lot and a jar of mayo. I don't remember the price on the mayo, and I don't have the receipt. I charged it, and Jazmin, the cashier, only gave me the total receipt, bogarting the itemized one. I make the best sauce with mayo. I'll get back to that later. I also bought lots of tuna pouches (3 oz. for $0.79). I had > 250% of my protein for the day thanks to that. I ate 6 or 7 pouches in the last 24 hours.

My sauce:

Mayo, ketchup, ranch dressing, soy sauce. I got my soy sauce at Price Chopper. It was on sale for $1.19, down from $1.99. That's why I picked Kikkoman over La Choy. La Choy was still full price. The sauce is GREAT with the hushpuppies. It's also good with pierogies. Really good. I put Red Hot or Chili Dog mustard on my tuna. Sometimes both. Soy sauce once.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:20 PM EST

    sorry to be spreading so much haterade around today, but la choy soy sauce is the worst. bleh. even my whitey (and by that, i mean, non-italian) roommate agrees. on the otherhand, great find with the kikkoman. kikkoman is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete