Amazon Ad

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gourmet Garage


When Pachelbel first moved to the West Village, Debussy and I trekked over to visit. We wandered around looking for food and found Gourmet Garage on 7th Avenue and 10th Street. I remember liking the layout of the store and buying some cookies.

Today I set out to find that place again so I could write about it. It's rather nice inside. At first I didn't like it because I saw 32 oz of clam chowder for $12 in the refrigerated section, but then I found an olive bar with a bunch of samples and no one to eye you if you try them (like at Despana). I tried the biggest one I could find, which was a martini olive, and it was good. It wasn't as good as the olives I get that are Goya brand for $1.99 at C-town, but this olive was free, so I can't complain. Gourmet Garage reminds me of Whole Foods only it's less crowded, less expensive, and less big. In other words, Gourmet Garage is better than Whole Foods.

I also had no idea that there were other Gourmet Garages, including one in SoHo that's much closer to places I ever have a reason to be.

Gourmet Garage -- 117 Seventh Avenue South New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment