Amazon Ad

Saturday, February 11, 2006

In Praise of Key Food

Key Food has a liter of extra virgin olive oil on sale for $5.99. The last time I bought extra virgin olive oil (no wonder Rachael Ray says E.V.O.O.) I paid that much for a pint at C-Town. The liter bottle is too tall for my cabinets, so I poured it into my old pint bottle and put the rest up high.

Key Food also has produce, puts meats and cheeses from the deli department in resealable bags, and carries Diet Coke. That's why Pachelbel shops there now. (She wasn't really shopping at Cat Pee. She just bought Diet Coke there.) C-Town has better sales when the sales are good, but the olive oil goes to show that Key Food can have some good sales too. C-Town also plays better music. Key Food has a big parking lot, which is good if you aren't anything like me.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 PM EST

    today c-town had flavored cream cheese on sale for $1.99. be careful though, because there a sign for regular cream cheese at 2 for $3 but it's for the krasdale brand of whipped cc. someone had put a philadelphia there--i hate that, it's so misleading and inconsiderate. also, cinnamon toast crunch is on sale for $2.50 with the c-town card. it just dawned upon me, though, that they get you with milk and bagels. neccessary to complete the meal but never on sale. curses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to C-Town today and didn't find a single good deal. I got some mushrooms in a can for $0.89 and a jar of meat spaghetti sauce for $1.67 but that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 PM EST

    The Key Food out here has a sizeable display of shoplifters caught on Polaroid, complete with witty captions underneath.

    An example: "I'M CUTE, BUT I'M A BORN THIEF."

    Another example: "I LIKE SHRIMP, BUT I DON'T LIKE PAYING FOR IT."

    It's more than slightly awesome, and the store itself is a great haven for good deals. My only complaint is that they don't take American Express, so I have to use my debit card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That's funny. Maybe I should go on a field trip.

    The Key Food which I write about takes American Express. Maybe they don't think people in Bed-Stuy have American Express cards.

    ReplyDelete