Amazon Ad

Friday, February 17, 2006

Deals at the Gourmet Garage (SoHo)


It's a really windy day today, but it was the deals at the Gourmet Garage that nearly blew me away! Blood oranges were on sale for $1.99/lb (usually $2.99). Party dips (horseradish, blue cheese, mushroom, or jalapeno) were Buy One Get One Free ($2.99 each.) Best of all, now I know where to buy blood oranges.

Krys of Amusing Bouche and I decided we should collaborate on a book of punches, and I assure you we will pull none! She was going to make a punch with blood oranges tonight but couldn't find any. This post is dedicated to her. Happy Strokeversary, Krys!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM EST

    chopin, do you think the sale will last until tomorrow? i miss blood oranges and, though i am normally a bit skittish about chopin at such fancy-schmansy groceries, they would well be worth the trip and extra $. blood oranges are reminiscent of how much better nearly all the produce is in europe . . . and that quite nearly brings a nostalgic tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it will. There were a lot of blood oranges and dips, which makes me think this is the beginning of the sale and not the end of it.

    The best grocery store in the world is the Mercato Centrale in Florence. Nothing else compares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:45 PM EST

    did you ever get the dried fruit there? it was on the second floor. they had these little dried cubes of coconut that were deliciously sweet and had this awesome slightly-chewy consistency. oh, man. a handful of coconut cubes and a handful of salty cashews and you had the best traveling-across-europe-in-a-train food ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never bought dried fruit because I am embarassed about raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:15 AM EDT

    Hi #NAME#. Just found your site via flower. Although I was looking for flower I was glad i came upon your site. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete