Amazon Ad

Monday, April 24, 2006

Nora F. is a Great Cashier

I went to Trader Joe's Wine Shop after work (again) today. I got a bottle of Three Buck Chuck Merlot, a bottle of Pinot Grigio ($3.49 I think, but maybe it was a dollar more), and a bottle of San Giovese something ($3.49). My cashier was Nora F. again. Nora F. was my cashier the first time I ever went. She wasn't the next time, and maybe not the next time if I've bought wine four times. I lost count. She was my cashier again today and she is a good one. When you buy something from her, first she asks for your id. She has to do that because the wine shop is in an NYU dorm. They all do that at Trader Joe's, so I don't hold that against them. Then she asks you if you've tried one of the wines you're buying before. The first time she asked me if I had ever tried the Charles Shaw. I hadn't. I think I bungled my answer to the question though. This time she asked me if I had ever bought the Pinot Grigio. She said it was one of their best sellers and for $4, you can't go wrong. She's right. My first time, I tried to pay with American Express, but she said that is "like the only credit card we don't take." I wonder if they take Diners Club. I wonder if they take Discover. I'd like to pay with Discover, but I've been using Mastercard.

I have definitively bought wine 3 times. I remember how many times I've used my Mastercard. I have a sharper mind for credit cards than for grocery shopping, even.

By the way, before buying wine, I went to Walgreens to buy L'Oreal Studio Effects Whipped Filth for my hair. It was $4.49, but I decided to buy it because that seemed about right. The lines were way too long though, so I left. I bought my wine, then I went to Duane Reade. It was $3.99 there, and there was almost no line!

No comments:

Post a Comment