Amazon Ad

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Holy Cow! Great Deals at Key Food!

If you happen to be throwing a party tonight and need to pick up some mixers, you need to go to Key Food. Coke/Sprite/Dr. Pepper/Seagrams Ginger Ale is on sale for $0.89 for 2 liters (limit 5) with your card! I picked up three, and I'm merely attending a party.

The problem with that deal is I bought three bottles and that cost me about $2.70. The credit card minimum there is $5, so I had to keep Chopin. I thought about getting limes, but they were 5/$2. This was the only shortcoming at Key Food. The Jesus vegetable store had them 5/$1. You have to spend $10 there or pay cash, so I don't usually shop there. I can't buy limes that are not priced competitively, so no limes.

Anyway, Pecorino Romano is $3.99/lb this week! I made the most delicious macaroni and cheese the other night by boiling some macaroni and then grating too much cheese on it. By too much, I mean more than you'd think you should be using. Grated cheese is something that people have a weird idea of what "too much" means. You should be using a lot more, and at $3.99/lb, you can! (You shouldn't be paying more than 50 cents for a 1 lb box of pasta, by the way. When you see that deal, stock up on it. It keeps.)

Franceso Rainaldi pasta sauce is 10 bottles for $10. Or you can buy 2 for $2 like I did.

Elio's frozen pizzas (9 slices, which is actually 3 pizzas, for $4.69) are buy one get one free. I got them.

All this because of the $5 credit card minimum!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:42 PM EDT

    as of two days ago, c-town had tropicana orange juice at two for $5. and not to mention the ragu and barilla pasta sauces were on sale, too. i think barilla was two for $4 and the ragu even less than that. also, the dole pineapple is on sale for 99c a can, and it's 79c with your c-town card. oscar meyer turkey franks are on sale for $2.99 but that doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like any of the C-town sales this week except seasoned fries for $2. Despite/because of the lack of sales, I spent over $20.

    My dinner tonight might look like this:

    seasoned fries - c-town
    grilled cheese:
    wheat bread - c-town
    american cheese - c-town
    wine - trader joe's
    tomato soup - c-town

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:18 PM EDT

    ps. i bought blood oranges at the produce store by c-town. this was last sunday when i was still a bit hazy from the party the night before (thanks for the semi-shout out in this post) and, in a momemt of weakness, sprung the 79c each on two. i didn't get a chance to eat them until yesterday. it was a big moment because i have never had blood oranges in the states. it was really very disappointing. they were not very good. i realize that was a lot of build-up, but that's all i wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete