Amazon Ad

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I think Associated and I Need to Take a Break from Each Other

Yesterday, I was annoyed by almost everything. I was most annoyed, at first, by my right contact which had been jabbing my eye for days. (Too many naps, probably.) I was next annoyed by its replacement, which seemed to be the wrong prescription. I was also annoyed by having no food and by having to cook food and probably by everything else. It is safe to say I was in a bad mood.

I thought that if I forced myself outside enough to go to a grocery store for the first time in days, I might feel better. I went to Associated because they have a good price on eggs ($0.99/dozen medium) and jalapeno peppers ($0.99/lb) and figured I could probably find something else to excite me. Oh how I was disappointed. What I found to excite me amounted to a bag of beans. Literally. ($1.39 for a bag of dried cannellini.) Pasta is never on sale there. Butter is never on sale. It's already a pretty small store, so there was nothing else to buy. I couldn't put $3 on my credit card because it's not nice and I think they'd yell at me, but I figured my half pound of peppers, dozen eggs, and bag of beans would be ok to pay cash for and I had $23 in my pocket.

To fit with my day, my total came to $3.09. Flustered, I broke my $20 and took my change. As I examined my receipt on the sidewalk, I saw I had been charged $1.39/lb for my peppers. Because of that, I had $0.91 in my pocket. I will someday spend those 3 quarters to do laundry, but the rest was a waste. It further ruined my day, so I had a glass of olives for dinner. I hated those olives because they had pits and I didn't realize that when I bought them. I decided they couldn't make my day worse, and flooding them with gin and vermouth could potentially make my day better. If nothing else, the martini and the sleeping pill put my day out of its misery.





Note: I'm also mad at Western Beef for not giving me the sale price on my olive oil that I bought on Friday. I hold a continued grudge against C-Town for consistently ringing up the wrong prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment