Amazon Ad

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Western Beef's the place for cheap chicken

I have since forgiven Western Beef. I became its mayor on Foursquare today, in fact. And I introduced Andrew to it and he is in love. I have a healthy relationship with it, but he walked around it with stars in his eyes.

Today I bought 2 cans of Roland mushrooms ($0.99 for about a 15 oz can. Can't beat that), a can of pumpkin so I can make these gnocchi from Delallo, and about 15 lbs of chicken leg quarters. If you buy in bulk like that, it's normally $0.49/lb, but they had a sale so it was $0.39. That's a lot of chicken! Then I biked home with it through the rain with the bag hanging from my handlebars. I think the added weight gave me enough inertia to get up the hill more easily than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment