Amazon Ad

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food Bazaar's the Second Best Place for Garbage Bags

After yesterday's fiasco, I still had to find some garbage bags. Walgreens wanted $5 for 15 bags. The other Walgreens had the same prices. Walgreens also bought Duane Reade and shut down the one near here, which I didn't know. I couldn't risk going in the tiny stores because I only have $3 in cash because I spent all my other dollars on beers and pizza on Sunday. I couldn't go back to Associated because I would be embarrassed and I already bought everything I wanted yesterday. So Food Bazaar it was.

 Food Bazaar has one of the best potion sections around.  You have to look these things up to find out what they're even supposed to do. Beef, Iron, & Wine? Oddly enough, this is now where they keep the Marmite which is a legitimate, though bizarre-tasting, foodstuff. Maybe this is how they show what they think of it. I think it would be better off in the MSG aisle that has every variety of Ac'cent msg seasoning on one side and a wall of ramen on the other.



I was talking to my brother about the hot sauce selection at Associated today, and he wondered about Food Bazaar's.  Food Bazaar's tricky because they hide their hot sauces in every aisle. Near the potions in the front are a lot of Jamaican ones. That's also where they keep bottles of oxtail seasoning (first ingredient: wheat). In the section with brands I know, they were out of Valentina Black Label. However, the price on the big Tapatio was pretty darn good -- $1.25. If you haven't tried Valentina Black Label, you should. It's spicier than the normal brand, and for that pleasure, you have to pay an extra dime. It's tied for my favorite right now with Tapatio and Cholula.

Later, while hunting for my garbage bags, I found a kind of soap I had never seen. It was next to all the other soaps that you can use on your flesh.

 But look!


It's for washing your dishes and for your laundry and your cabinets! Not bad for $0.79, but I didn't buy it.  I wandered around the whole store because I didn't want to spend just $2.79 on bags, but Halloween candy was too expensive, ice cream was too expensive, piña colada Jell-o seemed too annoying to make, I already bought all the hot sauces at Associated, fish heads are gross, I didn't see hot Italian peppers, and gorgonzola was overpriced because they only had Boar's Head. A carton of Tropicana orange juice was only $2.50, but I had a bit left at home. I only bought milk, garbage bags, and Diet Schweppes.


No comments:

Post a Comment