Amazon Ad

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

BQE Liquors Always Treats Me Right

Like at Associated, I am the mayor of BQE Wines & Liquors at Foursquare. I don't think they know that, but they always are so kind to me. Today the lady untied the knot of my bag, loaded up my boozes, then retied it. It was the retying that impressed me.

Since Chase gave me $100 to get their credit card, I've been perusing those booze shelves even more thoroughly. Today I found Evan Williams Honey. $9.97 isn't bad for a bottle of something that's 35% alcohol and the quality of Evil Willy. I debated it for a while, but it seems like the kind of liquor I could talk someone else into buying and letting me try if I speak highly enough of it for a while. I also considered $9.99 for the 750ml brand of brandy I dislike. (I like E&J VSOP, for the record) and some $11 1L Montezuma tequila. But people like tequila, and I'm trying to spend my free $100 on rebuilding my inventory, so that means I can only get gross things. I got a $10 bottle of J.W. Scotch. If it tastes like I hope, it will evoke the flavor memories of brown Listerine in anyone bold enough to try it.

I also found something I can't pronounce and have never seen, but it was in the vodka section.
I like orange. I like cloves. I like things that cost $12.86. But like the Evil Willy Honey, I bet someone else will buy this--namely, my brother. Right next to it was orange and mint, which he also might buy. Based on the neighborhood and that L with a line, I reckon it's Polish.

I ended up with 1.75L of Georgi vodka, which tied my 3-way taste test with Tito's and Ketel One, 2 bottles of Fleischman's whiskey ($5.97 each), and that scotch. Fleischman's is what I call smiling whiskey, because your wallet smiles when you buy it and you smile after you finish a glass. (You wince when you start a glass, but you get over it.)



2 comments:

  1. I discovered this place right before you mentioned it on twitter. I think their prices are as cheap as Costco which is impressive (and they have a better selection than costco too).

    I'm working on building up my whiskey inventory, but it's hard because I keep drinking it. any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have inspired me to be more thrifty. I'm going to pick up a bottle of Rittenhouse Rye this weekend...and I will blog about it. it's on the cheaper side, and it's a great whiskey. the post will be dedicated to you.

    ReplyDelete