Amazon Ad

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer's here!

Summer's here. Limes are 10/$1 at the Jesus grocery. That's as cheap as they'll get. Roma tomatoes are $0.99/lb which is as cheap as they'll get, but they're not good looking yet. What's surprising is that this year, the tomatoes still on the vine are $0.99/lb there. I had never seen them below $1.49 in all my years.

To translate any of these prices to Key Food prices, just multiply by two. Key Food has no deals this week. None. I might have saved a few pennies on my ricotta, but that's it. The sausage in a container that is already broken up and you can just cook with it is always a good deal, but it wasn't on special or anything.

I am going to keep my eyes peeled for jars of minced garlic that are on special, because they vary widely in price, and I'm almost out.

I need to become a better pickler.

No comments:

Post a Comment