Amazon Ad

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chinatown, etc.

I went to Chinatown for groceries on Monday. I think Dynasty Supermarket changed its name sometime over the last several years. They had a sale on dumplings for $10 for 3 bags, but they seemed to be out. Or I didn't read Chinese well enough. You can get 3 dozen brown eggs there for $2. Or if you don't want that deal, you can get a dozen for $1. I am hard pressed to buy eggs for under $2 anywhere else.

This isn't a grocery, but Old Navy has a sale on swim pants now. Everything was $12.90. But I didn't like anything.

Last I saw, spaghetti, macaroni, and maybe another shape of Ronzoni pasta were on sale for $0.80 at Key Food. You must buy five. The cheapest sauce they had was $2 for a jar.

You can buy a container of chicken livers there for $1.79, but figuring out what to do with them is the hard part. A duck cost me $15 and it was good, but it wasn't 4 times better than roasting a chicken. Nor was it better than having 4 chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment