Amazon Ad

Saturday, May 09, 2009

All the Deals I Found on Saturday Afternoon

C-town has avocados on special. They're 2 for $3. The organic bodega on Graham that isn't Khim's but whose name I should know still has them for $1.49. So a penny cheaper. They're also riper. I don't really trust C-town's produce.

C-town still has tuna on sale for a dollar a can. I haven't seen it cheaper than that for a long time.

At Key Food, boxes of Barilla pasta are on sale for $1. It used to be I'd never pay a dollar for pasta, but now if I see it for a dollar, I snatch it up. Usually the only kinds you can get for $1 are spaghetti, thin spaghetti, elbows, ziti, penne rigate, and rotelle. But this sale has every shape on sale, including some whole wheat ones. I got pipette, cavatapi, gemelli, large shells, and cellentani. I'm going to make pesto for one of them.

Barilla pasta sauce is on sale for 2 for $4, and I haven't really seen pasta sauce cheaper than that for a while.

Andrew's going to puree some carrots this afternoon. I don't know what I'm going to puree yet. I'm going to make more guacamole though. Here's my recipe.

Guacamole
2 ripe avocados
1/2 a ripe tomato that isn't too juicy
1/2 a jalapeno pepper

Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the part you eat into a bowl. Mash it.
Dice the tomato. Slice the jalapeno into small pieces. Put them in the bowl. Stir.

That's it. No salt. No other spices. No nothing. Oh you could certainly add a number of good things to this recipe. I'd eat those too. But I don't have those things so this is my recipe. Well, I have salt. I won't pretend I don't have salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment