Amazon Ad

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Avocado's Constant

I was wrong to report that you can get avocados for $1.19 at the non-Khim's organic store on Graham just south of Metropolitan. I'm not saying my source lied. I'm saying the price went up.

I bought some yesterday for an ersatz Cinco de Mayo. And boy did I make the best guacamole I ever made with them. I used 2 avocados, 1/2 a tomato, and 1/2 a jalapeno pepper. That was it. I didn't even use salt. Just the vegetables. Or fruits, if you want to be particular, because the pepper and the tomato are both fruits and the avocado seems like it's technically a fruit too.

SOUP UPDATE: Andrew was scandalized by paying $1.89 for a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup at Compare, but that's also the price at C-Town. If you know of a better price, please let me know. I'd travel. We go through that stuff like water when we eat our Sausage, Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs, and Gravy brunch that we eat all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Food Bazaar? They're big enough that they might have the bigger sizes or the shrinkwrapped 4-packs.

    ReplyDelete