Amazon Ad

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Other Ways Trader Joe's Can Impress Me


Having good instant coffee isn't the only way Trader Joe's can impress me. I'll like it if it's like Gourmet Garage. Especially if it's cheaper. I'm supposed to be receiving a cheese grater, so if I can find good cheap Paremesan cheese there, I'll be pleased. Olives for my martinis would impress me too. I realized my jars of Goya olives aren't all that cheap.

I stole the picture from MedND, which has an interesting guide to parmesan. When I lived in Italy for a while, Parmagiano Reggiano was really cheap and I ate it to excess on everything. Americans apply it like it's salt; Italians apply it like it's the sauce.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM EST

    is it going to be a cheese grater with a handle that turns? because those simply pour out the cheese. how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it will be. It's up to Pachelbel because it's supposed to be my birthday present. I'd be happy with a tiny little grater. I'd probably prefer a really small grater to a bigger one so I can aim better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:59 PM EST

    Story
    Rachel Ankney wrote a grocery store story and got it published.

    ReplyDelete