Amazon Ad

Monday, March 06, 2006

The Nature of C-Town's Sales

C-Town is calling its sales this week "birthday bash." It has an abnormally large percentage of sales that are of the "with $10 purchase, limit 1 per family" variety. The $10 purchase isn't a high hurdle for me to meat because/despite Elio's frozen pizzas are Buy One Get One this week. The limit of 1 per family is what makes me nervous. What if Debussy or Pachelbel is shopping and eyes that deal and wants to take advantage of it and can't because I already did? That makes me feel bad for them even though they don't shop there anymore. And they don't buy tuna (2 cans for $1!) In fact, I know they don't use their cards because I was very very close to winning a ham or something this fall if I just had about 20 more points (you get one for each dollar you spend) and Pachelbel never used her card! And Debussy never ate! So maybe I should have just bought the tuna without any guilt.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 PM EST

    good thing we're not in the same family. with such good deals, maybe i'll splurge and stockpile elios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hardly even a splurge! For $5, you'll have 6 pizzas. That's about 85 cents a pizza.

    They always make you buy 2 with the frozen pizzas, as opposed to letting you get just 1 that rings up as half off. Other Buy One Get One deals ring up as half off, though. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 AM EST

    i did stockpile elios. i wanted to put a warning out there that the juicy juice mango juice (in a can) does not seem to be on sale. i thought it was, but, alas, i ended up paying an extra 49 cents, instead of just paying $1.99.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Key Food had Celeste Pizzas on sale for $1 each, but it was a 10 for $10 deal. I always hesitate with those because I don't want 10 of anything, even though they say they will ring up at the sale price and they always have in my experience.

    ReplyDelete