Amazon Ad

Friday, March 10, 2006

Ethnic Groceries in Pittsburgh

An anonymous commenter, who I assume is my sister, pointed me toward this article by Rachel Ankney in Pop City. Think Global, Eat Local
From pierogies to Primanti’s, Pittsburgh is an extraordinary food city where unique edibles are a signature. Here’s a little known fact for devoted cooks and foodies: an assortment of colorful markets with a wide range of ethnic groceries from around the globe can be found in one small, festive corner of South Oakland.
In fact, I didn't know that. I thought if I wanted ethnic foods I had to go to the Strip District. The article is worth reading for the photos alone.

If the article reads like an advertorial, it sort of is. The whole concept of the magazine is to make people not feel so negative about Pittsburgh.

Bonus fact: I went to high school with Ms. Ankney.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:46 AM EST

    you were right. it was me who posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:47 AM EST

    I forgot to mention she got paid for her article. I don't know how much.

    ReplyDelete