Amazon Ad

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Seeing Western Beef Through New Eyes

I took Eric with me to Western Beef yesterday. Since he doesn't have a bike, we walked. It's only a little over a mile. We weren't even in its parking lot before he was gasping in awe. And that's how he spent the whole trip. He was too awestruck to really purchase much of anything. He only ended up with some cheese, a box of Wheat Thins, and a Western Beef bag.

I, on the other hand, got a big butternut squash for $0.79/lb that I turned into one of the best soups I've ever made. I got a pack of sweet Italian sausage for $3.99/lb, which I turned into pungent pasta along with the can of mushrooms and the pecorino romano I FINALLY got. I also got myself a Western Beef bag. I don't really waste $1 on anything, but I couldn't not buy one even though I have so many bags already.


Here she be.




 The sausages after I cooked them.


 My bag next to Eric's.
 And my correspondent from Pittsburgh sent me his receipt from Giant Eagle. He only eats dairy. And beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment