Amazon Ad

Friday, November 19, 2010

OooOOOOoOOOO! Which southern-based grocery chain will move to McKeesport?

I read about a new grocery store for Pittsburgh.

I hope it is Harris Teeter. Or Piggly Wiggly. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of that very popular chain in Florida that is widely regarded as the best, but I don't think it would go to Pittsburgh anyway.

Not Winn-Dixie.

Publix!

Yeah, I don't think Publix will go to Pittsburgh.  It's probably something like Save-A-Lot-More.

5 comments:

  1. Publix And it will run the competition to the ground. Be careful of what you ask for you might get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Publix. Pittsburgh could do a lot worse than getting Publix. It could get Piggly Wiggly. Or the universally unloved Winn-Dixie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt that it's Publix. The PG article says the store will not have a bakery. The Publix stores I've seen were all very large, full service stores, and full service stores have bakeries. Maybe its something like the southern based BiLo (not to be confused the the recently departed Penn Traffic/BiLo stores) or Food Lion - which already has stores in the Mid-Atlantic Region.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woops - just found another forum that says it's going to be Food Lion's discount chain called "Bottom Dollar." Based on the size (18,000 Sq. Ft.) it sounds like it will be similar to Save-A-Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! There are forums about grocery stores? I thought I was alone in the wilderness.

    I'm really disappointed that it's just another Save-A-Lot, but I'm glad I'm not the only person who cares about groceries.

    ReplyDelete