Amazon Ad

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Things to buy for your kitchen (especially if you are Agnes)

On Saturday, I made fresh pasta in Agnes's kitchen. I kept looking for kitchen tools she didn't have. She said I should go on her Amazon and buy them. But I was cooking, so I am making this list. And maybe I'll get affiliate cents if anyone buys things through here.


Tongs: I was trying to lift all the pasta out of the pot into a bowl because I didn't want to drain the pot so I could make the next batch. Tongs would have been so much easier than trying to use two weird spatula things. Tongs are also good for serving salads, deep frying, and general touching. I picked these because they have a locking function to keep them more closed.


Squealer: Having a pasta toucher (as I usually call it) or a "squealer" as my dad once called it when he couldn't remember the name would also have helped make the pasta. This is one of my most used kitchen items. This one seems nicer than mine.




Fish spatula: I use this for all my turning and flipping. I don't think I've ever used it on fish. Rubber spatulas are not very good.

Serving Forks: It would have been nice to have a giant fork to serve the food with. I am in the market for serving forks myself and I am tempted to buy these.



Knife Sharpener: She doesn't actually need to buy this $6 knife sharpener because I can bring mine over sometimes if I remember. But it's great to have around! I was trying to slice her tomatoes and it was hard.



Wide mouth funnel: Lewis said to add this. He gave me one and it's pretty useful sometimes and only $5.



Zester/Microplane grater: I have this one and it's good. I had a different one and it was worse. I have no idea how it disappeared but this one's better anyway and it's less than $6.



Cheese knife set: This set is a little nicer looking than mine, which has wooden handles.

No comments:

Post a Comment