Amazon Ad

Friday, October 18, 2019

The Sales

Let's see what's on sale this week. Besides the parmesan from my last post. Today's also the day that Trump's tariffs go into effect. I might go stock up on liqueurs before that filters through the supply chain.

Ozzie's: They finally updated their online circular! So I will do them first. Several meats have ok prices: beef liver, london broil, chicken breasts, pork butt. All 3 types of pears are $0.99/lb. (Bosc, anjou, and bartlett. The 3 main types you ever see. I don't know the difference between any.) Green cabbage is 29¢/lb. Wow. Hellman's mayo is $4.50. Yesterday I saw that one of my roommates threw the nearly empty jar of mayo (there was still some left!) in the garbage (didn't even recycle it!) so now I'm on the hunt for more. $4.50 isn't good enough. Parmesan is on sale here too. I don't know if $12.99/lb is more or less than 30% off then 10% off at Whole Foods. I guess I'll go find out.

Food Bazaar: Red peppers are $1/lb. Mussels are $3 for 2 lbs. A 5 lb bag of grapefruit is $4.

Bravo: nothing good

C-Town: Yeast is on sale for $1.50. I have old yeast and tried making focaccia and it didn't rise at all. So maybe I will spend $1.50 so I only have new yeast around. Or maybe I'll try the less old yeast first.

Key Food: This circular isn't online. Maybe the sales are the same as at Ozzie's.

Green Corner: This isn't updated yet.

Western Beef: I looked at this, but there's nothing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment