Amazon Ad

Monday, December 06, 2010

On Assignment: Find Franks

Since Thanksgiving left me in a bit of a food and shopping hangover, hardly even hungry enough to cook, I've cut back on my visits to grocery stores. I'm trying to end that because on Saturday night I made the stupidest soup out of what little I could find. It had macaroni, black beans, yogurt, spiciness, and salt. I did better yesterday with chili. It helps when people ask me grocery questions so I have some purpose when perusing the stores. Today Kristy asked me where to find Hillshire Farm Lit'l Smokies. I don't think I've ever seen them.

Well, Kristy. Here's my best result so far. I found Nathan's beef cocktail size franks at Key Food. I suppose they could work, but at $5.29 for 14 oz. I don't think they are a very good deal.

Some other slightly interesting recent finds after the jump.





I saw this at Key Food today. Those labels don't have any English on them. I wonder if that tastes like what my brother found in Pittsburgh.
 He said the prices are sufficiently different that it's probably not the same thing.

 C-Town got a display for Cholula and is selling it for only $2.99. What a steal.

4 comments:

  1. ugh! so expensive! i am thinking i will try to locate these next: http://www.wegmans.com/prodimg/415/200/074956201415.jpg

    thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good. You found this.

    I think that those are not a food product that benefit a great deal by being slightly homemade instead of entirely storemade. I'll see if I see those anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. on the other hand...that is a great price on Cholula! I don't know why that stuff is typically so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cause it's good and people will pay for it. I don't know why it's so good though. Or why Valentina doesn't adopt the same approach.

    ReplyDelete