Amazon Ad

Monday, December 20, 2010

C-Town Gave me the Nicest Christmas Present

On Thursday, I ventured to Manhattan to go to the Apple Store and to get Christmas presents. It was mostly torturous. Apple didn't care that my MacBook battery is swollen. I think swollen batteries might be dangerous, but they didn't seem to. They helpfully offered to sell me a new one and helpfully warned me to not try to get one for cheaper from the internet. I went to Strand, which advertised a special on Foursquare that said "free bag with ANY purchase." The capitalization of "any" was their doing. So when I asked, I was told that was only for purchases of $50. Later when JC Penney gave me a free bottle of water while waiting in line, I still wasn't very happy with how most stores were treating customers. (Just to be clear, I think JC Penney was one of the good ones.)

On Friday, C-Town tweeted to me. "Stop by today for an early christmas present! Ask for the Manager." So I roused myself from my deathbed and walked up the street to C-Town. I bought apple juice, cranberry juice, milk, and broth--all liquids. Then I asked for the manager and he surprised me with the nicest gift: Iron City beer! He gave me a six pack of cans and a six pack of bottles and has some more for sale there.  All weekend when I was miserable and hateful, I thought of the time C-Town was the nicest.

Have I now been bought off by C-Town and will henceforth refrain from criticizing anything?  Yes.

Pictures of my goodies follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment