Amazon Ad

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Weird Experience at Brooklyn Harvest Market

I went there because Barilla pasta was on sale ($1) and I need orzo to make wedding soup. Canned salmon was also $2.5 and I needed to get out of the house. So I went.

I found other Barillas for $1, like whole wheat spaghettis, so I got several. I also stumbled upon 44 fish sticks for $4.74 or something. I was shopping while hungry, so I got a bunch of stuff. Apricot jelly for $2.5 maybe? I forget... which is unlike me, but I am kinda drunk now.

When the food rang up, it was like $27, which is way more than I expected. I was confused, and thought I messed up, but was going to go. But then the cashier was like "... you wanted $9.02 of cash back on your Discover Card credit card purchase?"     NO! I didn't even touch the screen where I would say that. All I did was scan my rewards card. But for some reason they added $9.02 to my bill and then gave me that in cash.

I am annoyed by having 2 more pennies in my life. But if Discover does something like bill me for a cash advance I am going to have a huge conniption. If they don't, I will accept this as a weird thing BHM does.

Discover gives 5% back on groceries this quarter, so I use it a lot. Next quarter Chase Freedom does. I spend half the year getting 5% back on groceries and half the year getting 3% back. Ask me about credit cards, because if I refer you I get $100 or so. And I know a lot about credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment