Amazon Ad

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Early Worm Caught the Bird

I asked my roommates if they would eat Thanksgiving foods if I made them. They said yes. So that was the go-ahead I needed.

Brooklyn Harvest Market had turkeys for $1.49/lb or turkey breasts for $1.99/lb. I went a few times but could only find big (minimum 17 lb) turkeys, which would be $26. I wanted a 10 lb one to spend $15. So I decided I would just get a breast, which were billed at 4-7 lbs.

I went yesterday morning, since I figured that would be my best chance to find a small turkey because that's what everyone wants, especially this year. Yesterday they had nothing good. Today I went back, and I found a turkey that was a "manager's special" for $0.99/lb! And it was 15 lbs, so it fit my $15 budget. That was the same total price of all the breasts I could find, so that is what I bought.

Fifteen pounds for 3 people... well, getting sick of Thanksgiving food is one of the parts of Thanksgiving food that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment