Amazon Ad

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Crushed Tomatoes!

 


I did end up going to Western Beef today. I didn't get eggs because I didn't like the price ($1.59 for a dozen medium), but I walked through the rest of the store. And I saw this display.


I texted a few people about how I was on the verge of buying a giant can of tomatoes. Then I walked back toward the ricotta to see if it was labeled as $0.99 (instead of $3.99), and it was, but I didn't trust it, so I didn't buy it. And then considering that I didn't buy eggs or ricotta, I bought a can of tomatoes.

There were whole peeled tomatoes, same size. But I got crushed because I would just crush them anyway. SIX AND A HALF POUNDS!


Then I walked home, but I took a detour.


I went to the park to take a picture with my love.

At home I inspected the can more. It seems to have been packaged in 2018 and is best used by August 2021. It is supposed to be only sold in India. I wonder what its life has been like for the past 2 years, perhaps going all over the world, before ending up in a Western Beef, a park, and my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment