Amazon Ad

Friday, November 20, 2020

Thanksgiving! What's on sale?

 I don't know if I will celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm definitely not having a bunch of people over, but I would like to eat turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and gravy. Whether I do that will depend partly on what I find on sale and partly on how much room I have in my refrigerator. It's currently very full.

I think most stores don't put the price of turkey in their ads. They put the price "if you spend $100" or whatever. I'm not going to spend $100. I just want to know how much the turkey is!

Anyway, here we go.

Key Food: The turkey is $0.39/lb if I spend $50. I'm sure that will be the cheapest, but I definitely can't fit $50 of groceries in my apartment. Last year I went with Eric and he bought a lot of groceries and I tacked on a turkey. Sweet potatoes are $0.59/lb. A pound of mushrooms is $2.50 and a bag of cranberries is 3/$5 (they had been $2 all month). A bag of stuffing is $2.5. Butternut squash is $0.79/lb. There is something called "steamable sweet potatoes" for $1.67/lb but I don't understand that because all sweet potatoes are steamable if you put them over steam.

C-Town: I don't see anything I'd go here for. But maybe I'm not in the mood for this. I'll try one more store.

Brooklyn Harvest Market:  14 oz of "stuffing mushrooms" are only $2.50. Mozzarella and ricotta remain on sale. I haven't made lasagna yet, but maybe I will today. I think a turkey is $1.49/lb.

Groceries have gone too far.



What the heck? Why would you put gorgonzola in coleslaw? I love gorgonzola and coleslaw and yet...!


A lot of these sales are the same as last week. I guess that's how they get to have 10 page circulars. I don't mind. At least I can look up how much everything costs from bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment