Amazon Ad

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Publix Pix

A correspondent from Florida submitted these pictures to me as a birthday present. Here, with comments, they are.  They are from the Publix in Wellington. Publix is considered the class act of grocery stores.




You don't see aloe leaves in Giant Eagle. I don't know what those things on the right are. I suppose I could make the picture bigger and read the sign, but I won't.
 

 Cactus pears. They they are again. I don't buy any of the things in this picture, so I can't comment on the prices.

 69 cents/lb is at the upper limit of what you should pay for cabbage. I don't think I've ever seen a store dare charging more than that.

 I assume that is a good price for that much orange juice. I buy half that much for about half that price.
 Those are nice looking olives.
 Same kinds of cheese we have everywhere else.

 Same outrageous prices. I just remembered how hungry I am for cheese.

 That's kind of pricey for ricotta salata.

 A reason I can't run for president, perhaps the main one, is I don't know how much a gallon of milk costs. I don't buy a gallon at a time. I also am not sure how much a half gallon costs, and I buy half gallons a lot.
 I've seen this before, but still:  EW

$2.09 for jumbo eggs isn't bad for Brooklyn. You wouldn't get away with that in Pennsylvania.
Giant Eagle wants $7.99/lb for olives, and I think the Publix ones look nicer.

1 comment:

  1. You used to know how much milk costs. Some lady at Giant Eagle even commented to you about how nice it was that you knew the prices.

    ReplyDelete