Amazon Ad

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Many Trips to C-Town

I've been reading library books at a pace of a book a day (Phillip Roth - Indignation. Bret Easton Ellis - Imperial Bedrooms) and because C-Town's on the way back from the library, I keep going there. Today was my third day in a row. (I got a collection of Jay McInerney's short stories, but don't expect to finish it in a day because I am going to cook the things I bought at C-Town and be social.)

I am happier to be at C-Town with each trip. Yesterday I found my tomato juice I requested and it's at the price I requested: $1.79. I couldn't find my La Squisita artichokes for $1.29. Today I did find them prominently displayed on a front shelf instead of hidden behind other displays in the first row. The best way to hide something from me is to put it prominently displayed. I also picked up 2 more boxes of Barilla whole grain pasta for $1. I ate a box of it yesterday. The box tells me that is 1400 calories of pasta in a day. I made it with an alfredo sauce and it was good enough to stock up. I also got some sausages I had never seen before for $3.50 or so. I'll find out if they're good when I cook them tonight. Pierogies were $3.29. That is more than Key Food lists them as, but exactly as much as Key Food charges me. (Associated had them for $3.39. I checked on the way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment