Amazon Ad

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Back from Atlanta and I need coffee

 I am almost out of ground coffee for the coffee machine. I still have unground coffee I use for my French press but I don't want to use that every morning. So I will look at the ads to see where I can go.

I generally buy Chock Full o' Nuts brand.

Bravo - I have a grudge against them now for always ringing me up wrong. Overcharging me for a 12 back of Presidente was the last straw. If I catch it, they'll fix it. But I don't want to have to be vigilant. And look, if someone who has written a blog about grocery prices for over a decade doesn't want to have to be vigilant about prices, you're doing something wrong.

C-Town - The C-Town took over the Bravo but I don't extend my grudge there. Candy corn is $3. I need candy corn! For coffee, they have Dunkin' and Maxwell House on sale, but it's not even a good price.

Food Bazaar - I don't think they even have coffee on sale.

Foodtown - I wonder when the second Foodtown that's even closer to me is going to open. Anyway, they have 4 lbs of wings for $10 but I got 5 lbs a week or so ago :-) A 10 oz brick of Café Bustelo is $4. That is winning so far, I guess.

Green Corner - Same Café Bustelo deal.

Ozzie's - Tofu is 3/$5. Dunkin' coffee is $7. Apples are 88¢/lb. Oh, just when I was going to give up, Chock Full o' Nuts is $4/can. Now my problem is solved.


Update: I went to Ozzie's and I also found chick peas for $1.50/bag (of 1 lb) so I got 4 bags. I was extra happy because they had the nut flavored Chock Full o' Nuts (Heavenly Hazelnut). Then I was confused because my bill came out low. The coffee was only $3/can.

I don't know whether to like Ozzie's even more and hold a stronger grudge against Bravo or to forgive all grocery stores because things balanced out for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment