Amazon Ad

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Trader Joe's on the Lower East Side

I went there tonight. I wanted to get 3 things: a jar of capers, a bag of peanuts, and gorgonzola. I got 10 things. I also got 2 bags of orzo for $0.99/each, a box of water crackers, a bag of frozen brussels sprouts, a quart of buttermilk, a 2 lb bag of sweet potatoes, and a can of cannellini beans. I spent $17.42.

It was my first time at this store. It's pretty new. It's in the basement of a new building, so I didn't have cell phone service. I dislike that, but New York's zoning code forces retail into basements. The store was vast! Too vast! I had to walk all over the place. There's an almost empty corridor from the frozen section to the regular groceries. Once I made it to the nut area, I would definitely not walk back for something I might have forgotten early.

It was pretty empty and the line was short at 9:15, and it's right over the Williamsburg Bridge, so I'll go back. I just thought it was too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment