Amazon Ad

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rabbit Stock





I made rabbit stock with the rest of my rabbit pieces and bones and some vegetables I bought at Jesus. It's pretty good, but it doesn't taste very rabbity. I bought Andrew a stock pot for Christmas and this was the first time anyone used it. (What a self-serving gift, eh?) It tastes like good vegetable stock though. I used all the celery you see, the whole bag of carrots, the onion, another red onion, the shallot, the fresh thyme, and the cremini mushrooms. And salt and pepper. The vegetables/thyme cost me $6. That seemed pretty good.

Now I have to figure out what to do with all this stock.

6 comments:

  1. I recently made turkey stock out of my turkey carcass from thanksgiving. I had been saving veggie scraps since then too, and all I really added was an onion and some salt.

    it also only kinda tasted like the animal I put in it, but the stock was overall delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that too. In fact, I have turkey stock in my refrigerator right now. Too much stock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. freeze it! It will probably still be good for my next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my leftover turkey stock is happily sitting in my freezer next to some home made chocolate frozen yogurt with chocolate chips and pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Right now, my stock assets are frozen. I will have to liquidate them before I use them.

      Delete