Amazon Ad

Friday, December 02, 2011

Some Good Deals at Key Food


Orange juice was $1.69 for a carton, so I'm going to drink some screwdrivers when the sun sets. Colavita crushed tomatoes are still $1.50. C-Town charges a premium for them. The Key Food tomato sauces were 3/$1 and I want to make chili soon so those will be good. Eggs were $1.79, which is an ok price. It beats C-Town. Giardinera was $2. Rice is $1.49 for a pound. The 2 pound bags are $2.99, so I think I'll just save myself the penny and let them store the extra pound for more. That's penny-wise AND pound-wise. Milk is $2.69 for a half gallon. I have no idea if that's a good price. I can never run for president because despite buying milk and having a grocery blog, I don't know the price of milks.

They had buttermilk for either $2 or $2.50. Trader Joe's has it for $1.69, same brand. These buttermilks all expired yesterday or in 3 days. With prices like that, no wonder they have no turnover. With no turnover, no wonder they have prices like that. Not my problem--I'll wait til I'm at Trader Joe's.

1 comment:

  1. I remember once you told us how your were at Giant Eagle with Krinin and talking about milk prices and some old lady told you how she liked that you were paying attention to prices. I might not remember it all correctly though but milk and prices and you knowing them was involved.

    Milk went up either 20 cents or 40 cents for a half gallon. I forget. I do know that this is for a half gallon of organic milk and before the price increase a half gallon of organic milk cost more than 1 gallon of normal milk.

    ReplyDelete