Amazon Ad

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The new pasta norm

I went to Key Food today and stocked up on pasta because Barilla was 5/$5 (must buy 5 and have the card). I got fettucine, linguine, medium shells, gemelli, and penne rigate. Lesser sales only offer spaghetti, elbows, ziti, penne, and rotelle, so I stocked up on diversity.

I thought back to my first year of this blog, back before I forgot the password. I used to be outraged by pasta that cost a dollar. In this post called Giant Eagle Really Sucks written on Christmas in 2006, I said I only pay $0.50 or $0.67 for a pound of pasta. (Giant Eagle has its charms. I hope they hire my brother. They could do a lot worse than hiring from a family of grocery lovers.)

Ricotta was on sale for $2.99 for 32 oz. It's hard to find ricotta at a decent price anymore, so when I find it, I buy it. It made my toast good last night, but now I'm out of bread. I didn't like the price of any bread at Key Food. I got some sugar free preserves (only the sugar free kind was on sale: $1.99) and ate it with a ripped up bagel and peanut butter I got from Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's peanut butter reminds me of why I like preservatives. I really dislike their peanut butter.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I spent $2 on pasta recently. I took a ton of pictures of random foods and prices at Giant Eagle to show you but forgot. Maybe I should do that now.

    ReplyDelete