Amazon Ad

Monday, August 07, 2006

Krasdale Pasta

Krasdale is the generic brand at C-Town. I buy a lot of Krasdale things, such as hot dogs, frozen pizzas, and mozzarella cheese. They're all pretty good. Last week bags of Krasdale pasta were on sale for about $0.40. No other pasta had been on sale for a while and I was running low. Pasta was the last thing I expected to be much worse from the generic brand. I was wrong. It's not good. I'm never buying it again. The macaroni has an odd taste and it sticks together too much.

Pasta's one of those things you should never have to pay full price for. It's almost always on sale and you can stock up because it doesn't go bad (very quickly?). A good price for a 1 lb. box is $0.50. A frequent price is $0.67. A price at which I'll still buy it is $0.80. $1 is too much. I feel about $1.10 boxes of pasta the same way I feel about $48 Levi's at Macy's. I can't believe they have the gall to charge that!

No comments:

Post a Comment