Amazon Ad

Friday, July 28, 2006

My First Purchases at Trader Joe's


I went with the commenter known as Italian Grandma to Trader Joe's on Monday night and since she was buying sea salt and olive oil and I'd be waiting in line anyway, I bought some things.

First I bought meatballs because there was a bag of them for about $3. Then I got separated from Ms. Grandma but wanded by the mozzarella and bought some for about $3. I found Ms. Grandma and I found Brunswick sardines for about $1, and I thought that was a good price. We got in line, which was a long long line. It snaked past the cereal and I picked up Kashi Go Lean cereal for $2.50. It costs $3.79 at C-Town.

The meatballs were pretty good. This picture isn't them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:45 PM EDT

    to fill in the story a litte more, grandma was grumpy because her girdle of a dress was a little tight-necessitating painfully straight posture all day.

    i also have a terror of crowds and those at trader joes were particularly obnoxious with their crunchy, neo-hippy ways. plus, they were out of the shrimp stir fry that's really good. i'd say not a terribly enjoyable experience. not nearly as good as the wineshop at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 PM EDT

    That picture looks a lot like the background on http://geocities.com/dedrabbit0/angela.html

    ReplyDelete