That was the main reason I went there. Bravo basically has the same sales now and it's closer. C-Town is more crowded and has higher prices. The dried chiles at least made it seem fancy and worth it.
I'll still look at the circular every week, like right now, but I can't imagine going there often.
What's on sale this week? It's Columbus Day weekend so usually Italian things are on sale. It's Indigenous People's weekend too but stores don't put anything on sale for that.
Bravo: There are some Italian ingredients in the circular but the price isn't good enough for me to care. Tins of anchovies for $2.50, etc. They say specifically the Spanish onions, green peppers, Italian parsley, and garlic are for Columbus day. The parsley is $1, which is fine.
C-Town: Boneless chicken breast is $2/lb. Barilla pasta is 3/$4. Diet Coke is $2. Same Cento brand anchovy sale. For their Columbus day sale, they add celery ($2), many colors of bell peppers instead of only green, basil ($2.50), and spinach. Swiss chard is $2/lb too. Maybe I'll get that. Pomegranates are $2.50.
Food Bazaar: Barilla pasta is 3/$5 here. Pasta is always more expensive at Food Bazar. A two pound bag of frozen squid is $14. Hmm. I might like that. Celery is only $1.50 here.
Foodtown: Chicken drumsticks are $1/lb. They list even more foods for "Italian Fest" which is a clever way to avoid celebrating Columbus. None of the sales are interesting though. Seltzer is 60¢/liter. They have pig feet and beef heart in the ad, but I don't remember seeing those in the stores. Celery is $4 here. They have another section for Italian food, including fennel, broccoli rabe, parsley, frying peppers, tomatoes, garlic, chicory, and escarole. Not bad.
Green Corner: Tomatillos and jalapeños are $1.3/lb
Lidl: I've been shopping here a lot and I know they have chicken thighs for $1/lb. I want to get those to make chicken paprikash tonight. Cheese blocks are $1.25 for 8 oz. That's the lowest price I've ever seen for that. A pound of frozen mussel meat is $5. A 1.5lb bag of frozen squid is $9. Marigolds are $8, which is what I paid at Trader Joe's on Wednesday.
Trader Joe's: Since I mentioned it, I'll write about it. They don't carry toilet paper anymore and I think it's Trump's trade war's fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment