Amazon Ad

Friday, July 14, 2017

Grocery Circular Round Up

I'm back. I was overwhelmed by 4th of July shopping. I need to return to normal. I ate hot dogs every day for a week. Now I eat peanut butter on hot dog buns because I ran out of hot dogs.

I need to buy mozzarella for my sourdough pizza tonight. I hope somewhere has it.

Anyway...

Green Corner: Green Corner is at the corner of Humboldt and Flushing, which isn't even a right angle. But it bends, so it's still a corner. They have the cheapest produce around. This week you can buy 12 crabs for $11 if you know what to do with a crab. I never bought one, but it seems like a good price. If you went to a restaurant and got a crab, I bet it would be more than $1. Limes are still a dime. Cherries are $1.49/lb, which is way less than anywhere. Florida avocados are $1. (They are the ones bigger than Haas, but maybe less flavorful.) Cilantro is down to THREE for $1! EggplantšŸ† is $0.89/lb. Plums are $1.29/lb. Maybe I will go there. I put in a request with the New York City Department of Transportation to put some bike racks there for me.

C-Town: I shopped there last night for the first time since I announced my grudge. Lewis asked me to get beer and recycling bags. So I will write about them today, but I still probably won't shop there. Bananas are $0.49/lb and tomatoes on the vine are $0.99/lb. Those are good. C-Town usually has good tomatoes. EggplantšŸ† is $1.49/lb here. Don't you want to go to Green Corner?

Gala Foods still doesn't know how to update its online circular on time.

Bravo: They're emphasizing their $0.98/lb pig feet. I never saw a store do that. I don't know how to eat a foot and it sounds like it has bones, so no thanks. A Florida avocado is $2 here--don't you want to go to Green Corner? Sardines are $0.88, which is a good deal. They are $0.99 on the next page, so I don't know who to trust. I have too many canned fishes anyway. On the last page, a Florida avocado is $2.50. This circular is all messed up!

Key Food: Eggplants are $0.99. Peaches and nectarines are $1.49. I like when they are $0.99, but $1.49 is good and you should eat as many peach salads as you can these days.


Associated: First, you can now get a Grand Street Savings Card and save 5% at Associated. I should probably do that. Galbani mozzarella is $3.49. So I will go there this afternoon. There's nothing else I really want there though. Maybe Colavita balsamic vinegar for $3.49.


No comments:

Post a Comment