Amazon Ad

Friday, August 08, 2014

I'm hungry. What's on sale?

I'm going to look through this week's grocery circulars and then maybe go buy food and eat it. I started by eating the rest of my cantaloupe from my last post. It was the best cantaloupe I can ever remember eating.

Key Food: $2 cantaloupe. I might buy more. Peaches are $0.99/lb. I like peaches too. Those are the only good prices in the store though, so I'll probably just go somewhere else.

C-Town: Eggplant is $0.79/lb! That's the cheapest I've seen it. I'll make more of that. Vine tomatoes for $1.29/lb looked good too. I haven't eaten many tomato sandwiches this summer.

Associated: They have $2 cantaloupes too. Their tomatoes are $1.49, so maybe I have to make the special trip to C-Town. And Starkist tuna is $0.69/can.

Western Beef:  $0.99/lb tomatoes. Spoke too soon. And avocados (both kinds) for $0.88 each. They have eggplant for $0.79/lb too, but it's so far away.

Well, the only thing I can think of eating is tomatoes this week.


3 comments:

  1. When I get sale ads for the grocery stores, I just recycle them. Sometimes I look at Sprouts but that's it. I just go and then maybe buy extra if it's on sale. Last time grapes were super cheap so I got some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't even mail me circulars, though I see other places get them. I look them all up online.

      I went to 2 of these places today.

      Delete
    2. Today our paper had one that was in Spanish first and then English second. We get ads in the paper and in the mail. So we get 2 for each place each week.

      Delete