Amazon Ad

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mussels!

I'm really going to do it this time. Mussels are back on sale at Food Bazaar for $2.49 for 2 lbs. Mussel season is in the winter, I think. That's when they're cheap and things are usually cheap when they are in season and expensive when they're not. That's why you can get peaches and tomatoes for $0.79/lb in the summer. It's a good way to shop.

If I make mussels on Friday, I will make moules frites because it is Lent and that is good. But if I make them another day while they are on sale, I might make dumb paella. Dumb paella is mussels and kielbasa and a grain or couscous. I'll probably use couscous. You can chop up peppers and onions and stuff to season the couscous. You don't want it too plain, though the mussel juice and kielbasa fat do a good job of flavoring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment