Amazon Ad

Monday, July 30, 2012

Western Beef had a lot of empty shelves

But I lived. I also had my bag fly out of my bike basket on the way there. Some girl picked it up for me so I got it back. And I realized I forgot to wear my helmet when I got to the store and went to take it off and it wasn't there.

I spent about $14. I got a tomato ($0.99/lb), three beets ($0.99/lb), a gallon jug of red wine vinegar ($2.99) because they didn't have Colavita on the shelves, Gulden's mustard in the squeeze bottle ($1.50), light wheat bread ($1.89) because they didn't have my normal wheat bread, 6 English muffins ($0.88), Dr. Brown's diet root beer ($1.19), a bag of Great Lakes shredded mozzarella ($1.99 for 8 oz) and 2 cans of chick peas ($0.67 each).

I ate English muffins for dinner. First I made pizzas like Agnes did Saturday (hers were better) using Colavita crushed tomatoes I had on hand, frozen Trader Joe's peppers, and the cheese. Agnes's were better. I think she let them get toastier. Or maybe her sauce was better. Then I ate another English muffin with my dilly egg salad.

I hope I like the red wine vinegar. I own a lot of it.

2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    I was riding my bike down Graham yesterday, and noticed that C-Town has a, for lack of a better word, "hip" look. When did that happen? Did it affect what they stock/quality of food? just curious.

    Please refer me back to an old post if you already covered this.

    thanks,
    tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post about that. I have to figure out what I think about it.

      Delete