Amazon Ad

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dreams of Baltika

Last night I had a dream I was interviewing at Gourmet Garage and was asked why I love groceries so much. It was a very exciting dream. I talked a lot about a new commercial Pepsi had that compares how good Pepsi tastes compared to Baltika. I thought it was funny because Pepsi is the American distributor of Baltika. (None of that is true in real life.)

In real life, Western Beef raised the price of a bottle from $1.88 to $2. It's still a good deal for 51 oz of strong beer if you are ok with the taste.

My brain was apparently thinking about Pepsi's distribution deal with Stolichnaya vodka in the 70s which was how Pepsi got to distribute Pespi in the Soviet Union.

2 comments:

  1. Does my bodega's price of $12 for a six pack of Victory Brewing's Tripel (9.5% abv). does that classify as a good deal? it is a beer I like to drink too...so there is no taste to be acquired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it does because you also have to pay $12 for six packs of way worse beers.

    ReplyDelete