Amazon Ad

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Odd Line Behavior at Trader Joe's

Trader Joe's changed its express lane from 6 items or less to 8 items or less. On Wednesday when I went to get olive oil, cereal, and meatballs, the express line wrapped around to the back by the cheeses. The other line didn't extend much past the ropes they put you through right before the check-out. I got in the long line because I only had 3 items and I thought there must be a catch. A lot of other people did too.

Relatedly, I got a new Visa card from PNC. I use American Express everywhere but Trader Joe's doesn't take that, so I was using Discover. With this credit card, I get a $50 credit as long as I use it by the end of the year. So I am going to get $50 of free wine. The only place I'll use it is Trader Joe's. $50 of free wine is the American Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment